Sunday 2 January 2011

Second thoughts

Oh, dear.  The Radio 3 Genius of Mozart season is starting to grow on me already.  Last night I heard in bed a wonderful piece of bassoon music in A Mozart Miscellany.  (All I have to do now is work out what it's called because my pesky Radio Times doesn't tell me.  All it does is teasingly list a 'selection of great works by the compser' without attributing specific time slots.  Perhaps I should address the issue through the message boards?)  As I write Mozart's Gran Partita is weaving its magic spell and having the same effect on me as being wrapped inside a soft duvet:  I feel  warm, cosy and content, which are never bad things to be.  I'm reminded of what Einstein once said about changing his mind and being happy to do so when the facts themsleves had changed, asking rhetorically of his interrogator, 'What do you do when the facts change?'  I'm even sanguine about the section on the BBC website entitled Play Mozart for me: email your Mozart requests to .... well, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment