Monday 17 January 2011

Nurse Galyna Kolotnytska

Tunisia again.  I was tickled by Mona Eltahawy's description of Muammar Ghaddafi, the 'world's longest serving dictator', in today's Guardian newspaper as 'a Botox-using neurotic inseparable from a voluptuous Ukrainian nurse'.  The writer was quoting from leaked US diplomatic cables courtesy of Wikileaks (God bless 'em, every little one!) and went on to rightly criticise Ghaddafi for his comment that the Tunisians 'were now suffering bloodshed and lawlessness because they were too hasty in getting rid of Ben Ali'.  I also liked her translation of that very silly remark as: 'I am scared witless by what happened in your country'.  Full marks finally to Google because when I entered 'voluptuous Ukrainian nurse' into their search engine I got both pictures of Gaddhafi himself and the one I've included here, 38 year-old nurse Galyna (although I suspect she may be a stock photo model, but even so).

No comments:

Post a Comment