Thursday 6 January 2011

Is there such a thing as a postal fairy?

Due to the vagaries of the weather and the Post Office I today received a cd I had ordered in early December.  It's by Harry Christopher's and The Sixteen ('Christus natus est') and it is marvellous.  A number of tracks stopped me in my tracks and this is clearly going to become a favourite cd of mine. Glorious music wonderfully sung. After a busy first day back at work after the Christmas break I was happily reminded of the importance of music in my life.  Perhaps the postal fairy planned it this way, so that I could receive this life-affirming cd when I would most appreciate it.  If there is such a thing as a postal fairy it might be the same sprite who out of malice - or spite - burns or buries other desirable letters and packages but always makes a point of delivering bills and junk mail by the kilo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment