Wednesday 5 January 2011

Morning sickness

I am not a morning person.  I can do mid-morning, late-morning, but not first thing.  If we have to get up very early to catch a flight somewhere, anything before 6am, then I simply cannot function.  I can't talk, I can't think clearly, I can barely walk.  I certainly cannot drive.  It won't be until just before we're due to board the plane, following several espressos, that I become fully conscious.  On these occasions my wife takes over and leads me by the - metaphorical - nose to make sure I arrive at the airport safely, navigate the various check-in hazards, and puts me somewhere to sit out of harm's way until the caffeine kicks in.  How she manages to do all of that plus drive our car, find the airport, and so on, is beyond me.  The nice photo is sunrise over Crater Lake and Wizard Island  in southern Oregon.  Even such a splendid vista as this wouldn't quite be enough to shake me out of my sleepy state, not unless sunrise could be rescheduled for, say, 10am.

No comments:

Post a Comment