Sunday 30 October 2011

Tick-tock!

There is a proposal that the UK moves to Central European Time for a 3 year trial period.  Apparently it will save lives, boost the economy, and benefit tourism. The first benefit I understand, the second I doubt, the last I think is really dumb.  Whoever planned a holiday anywhere according to what time-zone they were going to be in?  A more serious stumbling block is the requirement for the devolved assemblies to agree to the proposal and in Scotland we have serious reservations.  I say 'we' meaning the nation as represented by parliament and the media.  My personal view is that it really won't make a significant difference to the way I live, or at least we can surely cope with darker mornings in winter, but at least when we go on holiday to mainland Europe we won't have to adjust our body clocks and watches.

No comments:

Post a Comment